Welcome to Des Peres Montessori
Relocation decisions are suspended presently.
School will not be in session during the 2014-2015 school year.
A Human Setting
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you.
And though they are with you yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls, For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit,
Not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
- Kahlil Gibran
In the tender, caring setting that is Des Peres Montessori, children and adults unite to learn, live and grow. The children belong to all of us and together we resolve the task of helping them build their house of tomorrow.
Des Peres Montessori
Des Peres Montessori is a nonsectarian school founded in 1982 for children 2-12 years of age, when the capacity to absorb and to learn is at its maximum. Leveraging this capacity, one child at a time, and the possibilities of Montessori, one child at a time, is our distinction.
Our authenticity and vision to expand extend and accommodate new and added possibilities for the child, earns us our our signature—Doing Big Things. Yes, we dare to dream, championing the needs of the child for independence, ownership and self-reliance.
Our environments are whole, seamless, indoor and outdoor, with limitless possibilities. Classrooms are complete with areas of work and engagements as prescribed, meeting developmental planes, needs and tendencies.
- Des Peres Montessori is a warm, trusting, cheerful and committed environment.
- There are hugs and kisses, fights, quarrels and concern for one another.
- There are encouragements and acceptances.
- There are graces and courtesies.
- There is natural competitiveness, curiosity and exploration.
- There is humor, playfulness and laughter.
- And above all, there is freedom that they may direct themselves, singing the song that is in their hearts.
Our children are in charge, secure and vital. Our mission is to:
- Inspire each other with the love of learning
- Release the creative potential
- Launch children into dreams — big dreams.
- Prepare young citizens for peace and harmony
For additional information about choosing Des Peres Montessori for early childhood education, please contact us here to arrange an appointment at your convenience.